I’m watching a lot of movies these days (compared to how many I used to watch before) and I’ve decided to write a review of the movies I see so that I’ll remember the theme, what I thought about it and maybe even suggest some good ones if friends want my opinion about a good movie to suit their mood. Of course these reviews will be biased and will be written according to my taste and what I notice in them, what I like and even dislike in the movie. I’ve taken up this venture for simple and supposedly stupid reasons. The reasons being the following: practicing on my writing skills so that I can start a professional psycho blog and to help refresh my memory now and then regarding the films I’ve seen and enjoyed. Moreover, when friends ask for my suggestions about what movie they should be watching, I’d like to say, “Yea, I know a few!” instead of “Hmmmm, I don’t exactly remember the name of the movie, but the story goes like this…” So sit back and relax. A few of them might be spoilers and don’t you say that I never warned you.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

TROY


I was told by a friend that Brad Pitt’s character is almost barbaric and seems to have no sense of moral values in this film. Achilles is apparently a brave and matchless warrior who fights for a King he has no respect for. Orlando Bloom’s character (Paris, a prince of Troy) is pathetic until the last part when he somewhat makes up for his cowardliness. The battle scenes and duels are realistic and done very well. The elder brother of Paris, Hector, played by Eric Bana (who was also Hulk in the 1st part)is noble and courageous and he’s more like an angel on earth (sadly he is killed by Achilles in a duel). All in all, it’s worth a watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment